Support for children and families of Saint Francis Xavier School
Keeping all of our children safe is our main priority at school. We want all the children who attend Saint Francis Xavier to be happy, safe and enjoy their time at school.
We know that sometimes children and families need that extra support at times. We encourage our children to let us know if they are experiencing problems at school and ensure that they know it is important to talk through their worries, anxieties or concerns. Your child or yourself can email us if they would like to speak to a member of the pastoral team within school by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We also encourage children to share concerns with their form tutor, Head of Year, or any other member of the Pastoral Team.
Please find below links to useful websites and information to help your child should they need some extra support with how they are feeling.
- Kids Mental Health
- Anti Bullying Campaign at SFX
- It's important to talk - support leaflet for students
- Resources for dealing with lockdown
- Family support
- Safeguarding support
- Top tips for dealing with anxiety
- Top tips for improving sleep
- NSPCC Coronavirus support
- Childline advice for coping during the lockdown
- Domestic abuse advice and guidance
- Support for parents & carers to keep children safe online
- North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NYSCP) – www.safeguardingchildren.co.uk
- NSPCC - www.nspcc.org.uk
- CEOP - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- Internet Matters - http://www.internetmatters.org/
- Childnet – www.childnet.com
- Parents Protect – www.parentsprotect.co.uk
If you have any concerns about the wellbeing and welfare of your child at the weekend or during a school holiday then please see the safeguarding support leaflet or ring North Yorkshire Children’s Social Care on 01609 780780.