Curriculum by year
Use the links below to view our MFL curriculum for each year group.
Europe is our neighbour. Opening student’s minds to other cultures and ways of life is integral to language learning. We aim, as a department, to break down cultural barriers broaden perspectives and develop an understanding and compassion towards other countries, nationalities and ways of life.
As a department, we organise immersion trips to France, which are vital to put student’s language learning in context but also to help our students to have the courage to utilise their speaking and listening skills into practice.
We aim to enable students to serve the global community as stewards of the Christian faith.
Whole school visions
Use the links below to view our whole school vision and curriculum vision.
- Mrs S Henderson - Curriculum Leader
- Mr Rhodes - Teacher of French
- Mrs S Gordon - Teacher of German and Spanish
Students in KS3 currently receive the following lessons :
- Year 7 - 4 hours French
- Year 8 set 1 and 2 - 3 hours French and 3 hours Spanish
- Year 8 sets 3,4 and 5 - 6 hours French
- Year 9 - 5 hours French
Students have the option to take a language at GCSE.
The following courses are covered over 5 hours per fortnight
- GCSE French - AQA
- GCSE German - AQA
Through foreign trips we are able to provide our students opportunities to explore the culture of the languages they learn. These include:
- KS4 Immersion trip to Château de la Baudonnière, Normandy
- KS3 trip to Paris. Staying in a purpose-built youth centre, this trip will take in all the major tourist attractions of Paris, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées, Sacré Coeur, Versailles as well as one day at Eurodisney!