Curriculum by year
Use the links below to view the Computer Science curriculum by year.
Computer Science vision
IT is a valuable tool to support learning and teaching throughout the school.
The aim of our curriculum is to enable students to make the leap from users of ICT to producers of ICT. They are encouraged to organise work in a manner that allows them to examine their own performance and apply skills across the whole school curriculum.
Following the national curriculum for Computing we aim for our students:
- To become confident and safe users of ICT
- To have an understanding of how computers work
- To have an understanding of basic programming concepts.
Through careful planning, our lessons are designed with all students in mind. We set challenging actives which aim to equip students with independence and resilience, essential skills which are needed to gain a career in Computer Science.
Whole school visions
Use the links below to view our whole school vision and curriculum vision.
- Miss E Simpson - Head of Computer Science
- Mr A Bulmer - Teacher of Computer Science
- GCSE Computer Science - OCR (J277)
In addition to the timetabled lessons the ICT and Computer Science department enhances the curriculum through a weekly ICT club which is offered to Key Stage 3.
We also have links with the following organisations:
- Middlesbrough college - Women in digital
- Teesside University - Hello world
- InvestIN - The young Computer Scientist
- Brebras - Computational thinking competition
- Smallpiece trust - Cyberfirst defenders residential