Curriculum by year
Use the links below to view the Business Studies curriculum by year.
Business StudiesBusiness studies vision
GCSE Business Studies helps students to understand more about businesses in the real world.
The aim of our business curriculum is to enable students to develop as both commercially minded and enterprising individuals who are able to think critically, drawing on business information and statistics to make justified decisions. Business Studies will challenge and motivate our students to make the most of their god given talents and prepare them to make informed future career choices in a dynamic economy.
Following the National Curriculum for Business Studies we aim for our students to:
- Understand the integrated impact of business activity on the wider world.
- Apply knowledge and understanding to contemporary business issues.
- Investigate and analyse business opportunities to construct well-structured balanced arguments.
- Develop quantitative skills relevant to business studies.
Lessons are individually designed to meet and challenge the needs of all students and allows them to demonstrate our key gospel values of Courage, through learning new unfamiliar concepts, Compassion, by listening and respecting others opinions and Stewardship by considering how business can positively impact the world around us.
Whole school visions
Use the links below to view our whole school vision and curriculum vision.
- Mrs S Hawkins - Teacher of Business Studies
- GCSE Business – AQA (8132)
In addition to the timetabled lessons the Business department enhances the curriculum through an Enterprise club which is offered to Key Stage 4 and the Money Challenge which is offered to all year groups.